ผู้เขียน หัวข้อ: Ranking NFL 2021 first-round quarterback  (อ่าน 162 ครั้ง)

lovelystyle

• บุคคลทั่วไป
Ranking NFL 2021 first-round quarterback
« เมื่อ: วันที่ 12 เมษายน 2023, 18:54:56 น. »
Months are spent comparing quarterback prospects by arm strength, accuracy, athleticism, and decision-making. Then, strangely, after the draft, we spend much le s time comparing the NFL's newest pa sers by situation despite it being widely accepted that situation is vital. It's time to change that.Below is my ranking of first-round quarterbacks from the 2021 draft by Tre Flowers Jersey  their team environment. To me, skill-position group and offensive line are just about equally as important. Those are the two most critical elements to a youthful pa ser's development or lack thereof in the . The play caller is next.Defense matters, a little. A team that can't stop the opponent places a first-year quarterback in situation in which he feels he has to pre s. Trying to do too much as a rookie often leads to big mistakes and an expanding deficit.While this is admittedly not an exact science, I want to quantify my rankings for transparency purposes. Here are the point a signments in each category.  First place - 10 pointsSecond place - 9 pointsThird place - 8 pointsFourth place - 7 pointsFifth place - 6 pointsFrom there, I added weight to each category based on my perception of their importance. The points a signed to the categories below were added to the place finish for each quarterback.Skill-position group - 25 pointsOffensive line - 25 pointsPlay caller - 15 pointsDefense - 10 points  The highest po sible score is 114. The lowest po sible score is 99. Let's get started.             NYJ  QB  #2  Skill-position group: 4thOffensive line: 3rdPlay caller: 5thDefense: 4thTotal points: 103The Jets have hustled this offseason to manufacture a decently respectable roster, but Wilson's overall last-place finish here demonstrates how striking of a hole the Jets dug during the era. And I'll admit, I felt it nece sary to place first-time offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur at No. 5 in these play-caller rankings. Yet it's completely conceivable he outperforms his more experienced contemporaries listed. We just don't know anything about his offensive tendencies yet. Doubtful he's more vanilla than Adam Gase, though. So  Gary Jennings Jr. Jersey that's good for Wilson.The receivers have improved dramatically in East Rutherford -- is the wideout I believe will be the in his rookie cla s, is one of the league's best po se sion slot receivers, and joins the group after setting career highs in yards, yards per catch, and touchdowns last season in Tenne see. The running back group is an enigma. I expect to be the .  An offense led by rookies indicates future promise yet typically experiences growing pains amid the flashes in such high-volume roles in Year 1.It's up front where the largest improvement was made by GM Joe Douglas. Guard will anchor what should be a punishing, bouncer-type left side of the line that'll be throwing defenders out of the club with decent regularity. The recent signing of boosts the right tackle spot and allows the athletic but raw to slide  Shaquill Griffin Jersey back to take on swing-tackle duties.The defense has a ways to go -- the ever-energetic, low-center-of-gravity rusher will provide a jolt to the pa s rush. The linebacker collection and secondary starts the season as bottom-third of the league units. Note too, Jets fans: Wilson finished last, but it was a narrow margin.           Pick Six Newsletter   Crafted By The Best NFL Experts   Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings.     I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies.  By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's .                 Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe.       Thanks for signing up!   Keep an eye on your inbox.     Sorry!   There was an error proce sing your subscription.                  JAC  QB  #16  Skill-position group: 3rdOffensive line: 4thPlay caller: 3rdDefense: 5thTotal points: 104Jacksonville is in the midst of an organizational overhaul with Urban Meyer and Lawrence at the center of it. Meyer himself was on the cutting edge of offensive advancement as a college coach. He did have a drastic talent advantage in the vast majority of games in which he coached. Jaguars Bobby Wagner Jersey  offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell became an established, mostly good offensive coordinator during his stints in Minnesota and Seattle. Never was he considered high-end, and he had a history of being run-heavy.Lawrence should feel content with his skill-position group. is one of the league's budding young stars on the perimeter, and Laviska Shenault forced more mi sed tackles than each of , , and last season. Can't forget about the criminally underrated . He had the same contested-catch conversion rate (16 of 25) as in 2020. Then there's the backfield of Round 1 pick and, oh yeah, 1,000-yard back . It's a formidable group, no doubt.The offensive line is a major work in progre s, especially on the edges, and the defense is decidedly the worst any rookie quarterback has. The Jaguars defense finished 31st in a year ago and will have to rely on their second, third, and fourth-round picks (cornerback , safety , and defensive tackle ) to bolster that unit. Tough ask.               NE  QB  #10  Skill-position group: 5thOffensive line: 2ndPlay caller: 2ndDefense: 3rdTotal points: 107Bill Belichick is always open to incorporating new team-building practices to his organization and boy did he ever head down a new path this offseason, going on a shopping spree in free agency that rivaled a Kardashian-Jenner Saturday spent on Rodeo Drive in Los Angeles.Most of the additions were lower-to-mid-level acquisitions, but it was clearly a quantity over quality approach, and it was needed. New England's talent base had significantly dried up over the past few seasons. The wide receivers aren't going to threaten secondaries -- at least out of the gate. However, the tight end tandem of and has serious potential.Even after losing star guard in March, the Patriots have one of the better blocking squadrons in football, particularly if plays to the level he showed in his first stint in New England before quickly flaming out with the . Michael Onwenu is tracking toward stardom in a hurry.  Josh McDaniels has a strong track record designing plays and scheming open pa s catchers. The challenge  Mychal Kendricks Jersey for him will be to create two offenses for two completely different quarterbacks -- and Jones. New England's defense was a shell of its former self last season, but with Matthew Judon, , and the return of along with some draft sele

รวมเว็บลงประกาศฟรี ล่าสุด
รวมเว็บประกาศฟรี
โพสต์ขายของฟรี
ลงโฆษณาสินค้าฟรี
โฆษณาฟรี
ประกาศฟรี
เว็บฟรีไม่จำกัด
ทำ SEO ติด Google
ลงประกาศขาย
เว็บฟรียอดนิยม
โพสโฆษณา
ประกาศขายของ